Saturday, March 6, 2010

Now i know it.


Sometimes I just want to let the grasses nimble fingers
Pull our bodies into the dirt
And let the hour hand spin a thousand times around
While downy clouds tumble playfully in the sky
And it's the times when your lips fit onto mine

And I wish that every night I could dose off
And count each breath you take that forces my head to rise and fall
While the tune of your heart engraves its heavy beat into my dreams

Sometimes something as simple as my extent of knowledge on the night sky
That burns your image to my eyes
And keeps me wondering if you know more about stars than I do
Or if you also notice them racing across the black sky
Like flies across a ceiling in the dark

It's the little things you do
Like writing words delicately on my skin
That springs brand new thoughts into my mind
Maybe you're the reason I smile so much
And maybe now I really do feel what they describe in childhood fairytales

No comments:

Post a Comment