Sunday, March 21, 2010

Love me before I Die...

Sometimes something happens around you and your mind gets so bothered with so many questions/anger/disgust/and a slew of other things.Trust me, something happened today,something like that and it was amazingly awful.

There was this lady who I used to address as my aunt,because she was really a gem of a human.
She did not have any family because dint get married and then she used to stay all alone.
All of a sudden suffered a brain hemorrhage ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerebral_hemorrhage ) , in simple language she died of hypertension.

Today in the morning when I went for cremation I saw something which is not rare – people crying loudly and a lot of melodrama of sorts ( I’d really like to use that word here )
The thing that I was wondering about was ,where were these people when the person was alive and so much in existence. Not a single soul came to appreciate or even be part of her life while she was alive. All I saw was people abusing each other and wishing for the downfall of other.
Trust me most of us are like -”hey how is that friend of yours…XYZ..”" and the answer comes..”Don’t even take his name..he is such a $#@!## ”
And the very next morning, if that XYZ was to depart from earth…we would become so humble,sombre,sober,human – wow the epitome of hypocrisy !

Common statements heard at such places:-

  • “He/She was such a nice person” – ( then why dint you ever care enough to tell him/her the same ever )
  • “Its all because of doctors/son/family/business” – (then why didn’t you ever care to talk to him )
  • “Death is inevitable it has to come” – ( then why are you so wrapped up in all these material things around you )

And the list is endless.I know I am sounding angry,trust me I am and more than that disgusted.

All I want to say is that why do we remember the good things about a person only when he/she is dead ?
All of us are creation of the same father of the universe and still we are so much self centred.

“I am the epicenter of this universe”
Why don’t we love each other till the time we are alive ?
You know what, your love for me would have made my world such a better place to live….

I’m short of words to express myself, really.

P.S. Please love each other till the time we are alive !

“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.”

1 comment: