Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who's the real Me??


Sounds absurd,even to me it did.

Till two years back I used to think that my dream is synonyms with my purpose of life or rather I had never even thought that there ever existed such thing as purpose of life.
One fine day at DYC, I was asked what was my dream was.Oh, come on,everyone knows what their dreams in life are isn’t it ?
It wasn’t a new question but trust me when I actually started to pen down my aspirations for life, it started to become vague. Although it had money, family, success, children and what not but still there was something missing big time, I wasn’t feeling satisfied because:-

1. If money is the dream then how much of it ?
2. Success ? What ? Where do I want it ? Professionally/personally or what ?
3. Happiness, oh yes , I wanna be happy but what makes me happy ? Is it money or jealous neighbours and colleagues?

If these thoughts are not enough then what is missing ? I know my self the best,more than anyone else does but still I am not being able to figure it out. Why ?

Some one had to answer it.And it was answered by HIM.

Life can never be just about me.

If life was all about attaining monetary satisfaction then why are these millionaires around me so dissatisfied ?
HE said your life is about justifying the capabilities of your soul.If I am to live 70 years , my life counts for such a micro part of the human race on this planet which actually cannot be calculated.So that makes it very clear, that I cannot be the epicentre of the human race.

So money is out of the race; success and happiness can never be money,because if it was so, then with every increasing penny in my bank account all my worries would have reduced but actually they increase, isn’t it ?
Q. What will I gain by making people jealous ? A. Hatred .They’ll hate me both during and after my life.

So,it is very clear that I am here to actually do something which is much bigger than all these things.

I am here to do something the entire creation,for the person responsible who made me the way I’m and for His people.

If I had not understood myself,I would have never been able to figure out the purpose of my existence.

I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately triumph than to triumph in a cause that will ultimately fail.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////-Wilson, Woodrow

1 comment: